Monday, November 20, 2006

Crazy Busy

We have been crazy busy here the last few weeks. We are getting everything packed up and moving day is drawing closer. I hope to move Thanksgiving weekend. After that, I hope to get some new pictures up of the almost finished product. THe house isn't quite done yet, but it is livable. We have one working bathroom and after Tuesday, we will have a working Kitchen! The carpet goes in tomorrow and the hardwood floors have already been redone and stained. All thats really left to do is just putting up some shelving in the closets and odds and ends like that! I am super excited!

Some more good news, we got a second car yesterday. Pastor Dan actually GAVE us his old car! We have really been praying about a second car so this we definately an amazing thing for us. Now i guess I have to go grocery shopping by myself. Everything has been a family affiar, even short trips to the store, for so long and almost dont want to go alnoe now! I have a feeling that Ryan will still come with us though!

Another exciting event. Well, it may not seem too exciting to most of you all, but I was PUMPED! I finally got something that has been on my wish list for a long time. The Brother P Touch 2600 label maker!


I have been organizing and labeling everything in sight! I detailed the inside of the van this weekend and then I cleaned out the glove compartment and labeled everything! Ryan was suprised. He was so funny, he said that he was suprised that I didnt label even the steering wheel. I am such a dork, but I just love to organize!

Gavin's leg is finally all healed up. He is running around as usual. You know when you get sick and then when you start to feel better you think, I will never take my health for granted again. I think that even at two years old (well, almost two) Gavin feels the same way. Its like he knows that it is a priviledge to be feeling better! Anyway, he is back to the same old tricks, jumping off the beds and couches and all that.

Okay, last thing. I am wondering what all you mom's with toddlers out there did when it was time to take your baby out of the crib and get them a bed. When is a good time? How old were they? Did you have any trouble doing it? Was the transition smoothe? I am not sure that I am ready to put Gavin in a bed yet. He is probably more than ready, but he gets up really early and I dont want him getting up and coming in my room! I guess I could put up a gate. I dont know, maybe i am just not ready to give up my baby! Yes, I am THAT mom. I will be bawling my eyes out when he goes to school, I will hate every girlfriend that he ever has, I will feel like I've died on his wedding day. I am THAT mom. I can't help it. I am having trouble letting go! Okay, snap me out of this, moms. What do I need to do?

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow - - - a car and a label maker all in one week - - - that seriously IS cool!!! SOOOOOO glad it's working for you! ;)

Careful, though - - - we may need to start an LA group over here - - - "Lablemakers Anonymous" - - - if we both don't slow down on our super-cool label makers!!!!

Can't wait to see the new house!

Traci said...

I was worried about ya since you hadn't posted anything in a while, but it's good to hear that everything is going so well! Now my question is, what do you possibly have in your car that you needed to label? I mean, that was my first thought too, was that you labeled the steering wheel! Do you keep files in your car or something? :) Anyways, I can't wait to see pictures of the house!

Anonymous said...

congratulations on the label maker! maybe you can come over to our house sometime and help me out. i used to be organized, but it has been difficult ever since our "hurricanes" hit in august.

i am glad you are doing well.

janelle

Jake B. said...

So you are addicted to labeling? Interesting hobby. I dont know if i can help with the bed thing since i am not a MOM, but we have converted Trenton about 3-4 months ago. That is not bragging either, he was just ready. But we got him a car bed, which was a good start since he loves cars, then we bought this net thing that looks like a see through tent thing that goes over top his bed and it zips in the front. From day one has hasnt tried to get out of bed yet. He can unzip it now but he still just waits for us to come and get him out. The car bed kinda has some high sides to it so he doesnt roll out. I was scared of that because DJs kids wake up under the beds and stuff. Sorry so long, just thought i would through my DAD input out there. Good luck

suzanne said...

Thanks for the input Jake. After I hit "publish" I thought of you and almost went back and added dads as well. I am gald that you still put in your two cents! I knew that you guys put T in a toddler bed, but we are skipping the whole toddler bed thing. I think that G is ready, I just think that I am the one that is not!!!

Traci - there are several things in a car that need labeling! Like, maintenace receipts, and repair receipts, and registration and what not. But, in my opinion, EVERYTHING NEEDS A LABEL! How else would you know where everything is? One of these days I will take a picture of everything that I label, it will crack you up!

Brenda,
Loving my working LM! I think that i'ved used every font in every size already! I am still in the same spot though as far as you are concerned, jealous of your BIGGER AND BETTER one. Maybe i will sneak in and "break" that one!

Jake B. said...

Have you seen a picture of his bed? I cant remember if i put it on my blog or not but this is no baby bed. He will be sleeping in this thing till Junior High! I can fit in there with him! That wouldnt be saying much if you were to say that since you can fit in his seat that you pull behind your bike, but me on the other hand, am slightly larger than you. Now i have to get a picture of his bed on my site. So what are you guys getting Gavin? A queen size or something? :) I am already defensive of Trenton. :)

Anonymous said...

we moved our first two from the crib at 18 months. both times, because a new baby was on its way and we didn't want the fight right before the next one arrived. as long as we don't have a number 4, i'm planning on keeping dalton in his crib until 2 (unless he passes the weight/height limit on our warning label-which he most likely will). landon did fine at 18 months-auburn did not. we started by putting the kids in their beds just for nap time-to train them that they have to ask to get up. once accomplished-they were in the beds for good. hope this helps.

Kelli said...

Wow, moving into the new house! That is exciting! Can't wait to see pictures of the finished product. That is awesome that the Lord provided another vehicle for you.