Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Trip to Michigan

Our trip to Michigan was fast but fun! We got to spend a day at my parents house and celebrated my nephew's first Birthday. My family is so fun and we had a great time. Gavin got to play with his cousin Jonas. He misses him so much! Leaving family was the hardest part about moving to Chicago. After we left my parents house we headed out to Ryan's family's neighborhood. We got to hand out with his brothers and their wives. They are our best friends and we really miss them dearly! We love getting together with them. Ryan's mom organized an Easter egg hunt for all of the grandkids. They had a super fun time with that and got an overload of candy, of course! On Sunday we went to our old Church - Harvest Bible Chapel - and got to see so many of our friends. We went out to lunch with a few of them. We really miss all of the friendships we had at our church. After that we went back to Ryan's parents house and had a scrapbooking evening with the girls. Every Dobbertin girl LOVES to scrapbook. I think that it may have been a prerequisite to joining the family! We started at about 3:00 and Laura and I went the longest and packed up our stuff at about 1 a.m. Then we stayed up and talked for two more hours! I didnt get to bed until 3:00! It was crazy, but I had a great time with Laura. I was really glad we got to spend that time together. And I was really glad that I have an AWESOME husband who let me sleep in on Monday morning, sleep most of the way home, take a nap when we got home and did all the laundry! Seriously, he deserves a medal for all of that! Well, here are some pictures from our trip! I hope you all had a great weekend as well!


Three of my favorite boys

Gavin and Jonas being silly







Herb putting up the balloons




Jonas being the cutest boy ever!




As we were pulling out

This is Gavin giving his version of a thumbs up




The traffic as we are leaving the city




The boys




Herb being emotional while watching Mason's video!




My brothers family




Addy Bauma and Gavin




Me and Mason - the birthday boy









Getting ready for the egg hunt


Aunt Kimmie -Hero of the day (she brought all the boys presents)


Sisters


This is what Pappa does most of the time


All the grandkids

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

thanks for putting the creepy sisters pic on there =) HE! HE! Anyways, cant wait to visit you guys at the end of this month... see you soon!

Kate