Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Whew!!!

The month of December was so hectic for us! It kind of went by in a blur. The weekend after Thanksgiving my entire family (minus one sister) came out to help celebrate Gavin's 4th birthday. Yes, that's right - my baby boy is four years old! We had fun exploring the city - well as much exploring you can do when it's freezing out and you have four kids under four to tote around.
















Right after my family left I came down with the worst cold I have ever had in my life. I do not remember ever feeling that badly before. Of course, my sickness had to linger into the weekend. Ryan's brother Jason, his wife Katie and their son Will came out for a visit. Even though I was sick, we had a fun time with them. We celebrated an early Christmas, went downtown for a bit, drove out to Ryan's grandparents for a visit and pretty much just hung out. We were so sad when it was time for them to leave!















After Jas and Kate left we had a quiet week before Christmas. All of our shopping was done and we didn't really have much to plan for. It was just going to be us this year. We went to church on Christmas Eve and then came home and stayed home for the next few days. It was wonderful. It was a great time for us to relax as a family and spend time playing with Gavin and all of his new toys! I look at it as the calm before the storm - the "storm" being baby coming.

I am at 36 weeks now and am counting down the days. I've been very busy the last week or so cleaning like crazy and cooking and freezing meals. My sciatica is FINALLY gone - that was rough - so I feel more like myself again. I am trekking out to the Dr.'s every week now, which is super annoying.

Well, I guess I am just rambling. I will try and be better about keeping up with this thing! I hate to say it, but facebook is so much easier! But I love my google reader and keeping up with everyone blogs! I am sure I will be posting like crazy once the baby is born!

Hope you all had a great 2008! I am so looking forward to what 2009 brings our family!

3 comments:

Katie Barker said...

Hey Suzanne - I still enjoy my google reader and seeing the blogs. I like to read what people write - so keep it up :) Happy New Year. Can't wait to see/hear more once baby arrives. - zigger.

Unknown said...

I just got through with a nasty cold too. It really laid me out - wasn't able to do much more than sleep and cough!

SO GLAD you got to see all your family at once and in one place! What a blessing. Gavin is 4?!? Wow. He'll be ready for school soon!

I have to say I'm a way better blogger than facebooker. I feel like facebook is more about being a voyeur than truly connecting with people. And I enjoy the journaling/writing aspect of blogging. Keep it up!

Hang in there and try to enjoy these last few weeks!

kellyH said...

I am so glad you had a good Christmas and are feeling better. those prego colds are the WORSE! I am so happy that your sciatica is gone - because I KNOW how horrible that is, and yours lasted a long time. I hit 36 weeks this week as well, and am desperately hoping for an early arrival. :) am I setting myself up for disappointment or what? :~)