Sunday, September 10, 2006

Happy Birthday Dad!


Yesterday we celebrated my dad's 62nd birthday! Even though he is 62, he looks more like 45 and acts more like 18! My dad is special to me - as I'm sure all dad's are to daddy's girls. When I think about my dad I get a twinkle in my eye and a warm feeling in my heart. Just the thought of him brings a smile to my face. To me, he is the perfect dad. He is tender and loving when he needs to be, yet firm and strict when the situation calls for it. My dad and I have a special bond, we are naturally close. We don't have to talk everyday or know every detail of each others lives, but our relationship just flows as if we were together all the time. We dont have to work at getting along or staying close, we just do and are. We are so much a like, it is awefully scary. Niether one of us has any patience, but we both think that we are extremely patient. We are both very stubborn. We have a hard time "going with the flow" and we like things the way we like them. We have a stong sense of right and wrong and we both take much pride in our family. We both take life for what it is, and we have a hard time seeking out change. I know that some of these things don't sound like good attributes, but they are some of the things that make my dad who he is - MY DAD.
There are so many memories that I have of my dad, but none are more important then this one: The most lasting memory that I will always carry with me about my dad is seeing him, every morning with out fail, sitting at the table or on the couch or some other cozy place in our house, drinking his coffee and reading his Bible. My dad has done this every day since i can ever remember. I will always cherish this memory and know that my dad always was and still is committed to Christ. When I was in high school I can remember being convicted several times by the sight of my dad so faithfully reading God's word. It used to annoy me, but now I am so thankful to have that committed to my memory.
I love you, daddy!
Love, your little "Pooter Doot" Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

gone forever said...

that post is SO special!!

HAPPY bday to your dad!