Tuesday, January 16, 2007

We finally did it!

We moved Gavin to his big boy bed. It was kind of sad for me. I try to stay in a constant state of denial about him growing up. But it gets hard to ignore when we cross these milestones! I have some video that I will post later on, but here are the pictures for now! He was really excited when we were putting it together. He was saying, "My Bed" "Night, night" "My bed". It was cute. He "helped" Ryan put it together and just loved it. Well, that is until he actually had to sleep in it! At bed time he was a little apprehensive about the whole thing. I ended up sitting with him for a few minutes becasue he asked me to rub his back a little. He got up one time, but I quickly put him back in. He fell asleep fine and this morning it was the same routine. I hear, "Mamma!, Mamma!" The cute little buy wouldn't get out of his bed until I came and got him! I was so glad. I was worried that he would want to get out all the time. He did great at nap time today. He went right to sleep! So, it was almost a seemless transition. So far, any way!


4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Fantastic transition, Suzanne! Sounds like he was very ready for the move. I bet it helped that his new big boy bed is completely separate from his crib. Chloe's crib converts to a bed so she'll still have that crib association. We'll cross that bridge when we come to it!

Jake B. said...

Great move suzanne. Sounds like everything went well. I think the kids have an easier time with change than the parents! Plus you think worst case scenerio all the time. I know i do. Probably too many episodes of Nany for you

Anonymous said...

I remember moving Sara to her big bed and it was kind of a sad time--it's like the final "you're not a baby anymore." Glad to hear the transition went well.

Anonymous said...

How exciting for him and for you...I know it's sad and hard, but it will be good for you all :o)
Love you!
jules