Monday, September 17, 2007

Gavin

Gavin has been so much fun lately. He has started so many new activies this September. He is now a Cubbie in Awana and he loves it. I was a little nervous that he wouldn't be able to learn the verses b/c he is a little young still. But, since Ryan and I are the awana commanders and there is no nursery during Awana, I had no other choice. It took us all week, and I do mean ALL week to learn our first verse - God loved us and sent His Son. But, he learned it. I about cried when he first said it. I was so proud! The picture is a little blurry. He would not sit still and it was taken with my phone.




He has also started attending BSF with me in the 2 and 3 year old class. If you don't know about Bible Study Fellowship, you really need to check it out. It is an interdenominational, International Bible Study. This year we are doing a study on the book of Matthew. Anyway, I was sitting down at the kitchen table this morning reading my Bible and answering my BSF questions and Gavin was outside playing on the porch. He kept on saying to me "what are you doing, mom?" and I would reply, " I am reading my Bible. " Well, finally after he had asked me a few times, he said to me, "I read my Bible too, Mamma!" So he asked me to put a chair out on the porch for him and I gave him his Bible and he really sat there and looked through it for quite awhile. Of course, I had a take a picture! It was so cute!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

That is so precious to see Gavin's toddler desires for the Lord and to imitate you! Wish we had a cubbies program for Chloe. I know she would really dig it.

I've heard great things about BSF but I'm already involved in a church Bible study this year. Do you meet at another lady's home? Do they have childcare available?

suzanne said...

We meet in a church as there are about 500 ladies involved in our area. They have classes from age 2 up to age 5. THey also have evening classes for adults (both men and woman) and elementary age children as well. Some locations do provide a nursery for smaller babies, but not all do.

Kelli said...

That is great! It is so good for him to see you reading your Bible. Those pictures are adorable!

Ben & Shannon said...

That is so cute! Good thing you snapped those pictures. You won't want to forget it! Michaela loved when she was in Cubbies! It's a great program