Monday, October 29, 2007

Funny Sayings

Gavin is always saying the funniest things, as I am sure all kids do. I love to write down what he says and read it few months later. It is amazing to me how fast I forget things ( although this should come as no suprise to Anne). So, anyway, here are some of the things that he has been saying lately.


On the way home from BSF (which Gavin refers to as Play dough Bible class), he just blurts out, "My Teachers not love me, mamma" and said, "oh Gavin, thats not true! I am sure your teachers love you" and he simply says, "No, they not."


The other day he grabbed a sticky note off of my board that had a phone number and an e mail address on it and he brought it to me holding it up with both hands and said, "I read you story, Mamma." So I said, "Okay, lets here it." He put on a very serious face and looked at the paper as if he were reading it and proceeded to say, "God loves me. God loves us and sent his son." and then he said, "Touch my God story mom, touch it." So I touched it and he said, "Nice God story!" Then he went on to quote some more scripture! It was so cute.


When he does something wrong and we start to talk about it leading up to the spanking Gavin will say, " You not spank me, mamma. You just teasin' me."


As I was typing this he says to me, "You a big girl mamma. I'm getting big too. Am I getting bigger?"


He still can't pronouce quite a few words and I love it. Here are a few of the best ones.


Sandwich is Mondich.

Love is Lub

Video is Bideo

Pooh Bear is Kooh Bear (although he can say other P words)


well, I could go on, but I am sure you are tired of my kid stories.






9 comments:

Mike and Nicole said...

cute! I should start doing that. Ava says some pretty crazy things too.

christina said...

yeah! cute kid stories. i love how kids think. it's always so amusing. :) and i love when they say words wrong.... sometimes it's just too cute to correct.

Jenny said...

those are adorable.

We have some friends whose little girl always mispronounced "movie". She would replace all the consonants with "B" and keeping the vowel sounds the same. And yes, her parents were always very VERY embarrassed.

it was hysterical. we would try to get her to say it...nasty friends, aren't we?

jeileenbaylor said...

that was so fun to read! I love those kinds of cute kid stories and saying!

A Weaver's Touch said...

Ooooh, no, don't stop - - - tell us more! Seriously - - - those are sooo cute! You should do one each month or more with the "latest and greatest" from the Gav!

Unknown said...

Totally don't stop sharing those with us! Your Gavin is a doll. I hear ya about forgetting these precious moments. I just started an anecdotal journal for Chloe's cute sayings.

Love that God story anecdote - how precious!

Unknown said...

Totally don't stop sharing those with us! Your Gavin is a doll. I hear ya about forgetting these precious moments. I just started an anecdotal journal for Chloe's cute sayings.

Love that God story anecdote - how precious!

Unknown said...

Sorry I posted twice. Got impatient with the publish button.

gone forever said...

Gavin is ADORABLE!! and you're lookin pretty good yourself =).