Wednesday, April 11, 2007

Easter

Gavin was lucky enough to be able to get three easter egg hunts this year. Ryan's brother and sister in law, Jason and Katie, did an egg hunt for all of the cousins. It was insane. THey had 150 eggs for about eight kids. Needless to say, I confiscated most of that candy! My mom also had a hunt for Gavin and Jonas. It was cute. She put match box cars in the eggs. They loved it. Gavin pretty much dominated the egg hunt, although I think that Jonas must have come out on top b/c I think that we only brought home one car. I dont know how that happened . . . On Saturday, before Easter, we decided to give Gavin his Easter Basket and do a little egg hunt of our own before the maddness began on Sunday morning. He was so funny. I put him in the bath tub and had Ryan hide the eggs while he was in there. THen we put a trail of m n m's (Gavin's absolute favorite candy) right outside the bathroom and into the living room. He devored them in about three seconds. He was running around like crazy finding the eggs. Then he discoved some gifts that we had put on the coffee table for him. We got him Happy Feet, which I would NOT recommend (you live and learn) and some sponge paints and other fun things for him. Anyway, I took video of the whole thing. So, here it is, the whole point of my post!



The Boys on Easter Morning

Coloring Eggs on Good Friday

Jonas, Mason and Gavin on Easter Sunday

Herb and Ryan as kids - oh, I mean Jonas and Gavin on Easter Sunday

And just so you all know, I lost the battle. Gavin got the haircut. Actually, it was a compromise. Ryan didn't buzz it, just took about two inches or so off. I know, it was a little out of control, but you can't blame a mamma for trying to hold on to her baby!
This is a before picture from the other day at the park.

This is during the haircut. He actually sat pretty well.

Here is the after shot. THe front still looks pretty long, but it actually got trimmed up quite a bit, although, as you can see in the picture above, the back got the most cut off.

I hope you all had a good Easter celebration and looked beyond the fun of coloring eggs and egg hunts. I hope that your week was focused on Christ and the sacrofice He made for us. We had a great Easter. The best part was on Sunday morning. I was getting Gavin dressed and I told him that we were going to church and he said, "Church, Jesus Story!" I about cried. I am so thankful that Gavin is being penetrated with God's word at such a young age. I personally went and found each of his teachers on Sunday and thanked them for imparting Truth to my two year old! It was amazing to see that he already knows why we go to church! I can't wait to hear all about your Easter Celebrations!

5 comments:

suzanne said...

I am aware that the video does not play yet. I am fixing it presently! Thanks!

Ben & Shannon said...

I will check back later to see the video. But the pictures are so good! Gavin's hair looks great with the new cut! We did have a great Easter Sunday as well!

Unknown said...

His hair looks cute but I still liked it the long way. :( I'll check back too to see the video. Glad you had such a terrific Easter!

Annie said...

Loved the video! He cracks me up! Isn't it so funny how much preparation it takes to set up a hunt and how quickly it is over? He did so good!

jeileenbaylor said...

Great video! I love him searching around for everything! It cracks me up!