Tuesday, April 03, 2007

B-Ball

Chillin' out maxin' relaxin' all cool
All shootin some b-ball outside of the school . . .

Thats for all of you old school Fresh Prince Of Bel-Air fans.

We have this really nice school one block away and they have a great playground for Gavin. But all he really wants to do is play some ball with the big boys! He is so serious when he tries to play. I hate to break it to the poor kid that there really aren't any good b-ball players in the family (unless being a starting guard in Jr. High counts). He should really stick to soccer and baseball. He just isn't aware that height is not one of our strong areas. Well, I guess there's always hope. I mean, there was Spud Webb who measured in at 5'7" and there is Nate Robinson who is 5'9" . . . We'll see. I guess I wont be so quick to crush his little dreams.

Anyway, here are some pictures of this past week at the park!





I had to throw in this last one of Gav on the swings. His face is so funny. I am not sure what he was doing/saying. Oh, and yes, I am aware that my child is in desperate need of a haircut. Its an ongoing battle in my house how his hair should look. I like it long and cool and daddy wants it short like a preacher boy. We'll see how it comes out in the coming days/weeks. I am sure I will post the event, if it occurs.

7 comments:

Genns said...

We just watched the Pursuit of Happyness last night and there is a scene about basketball and the crushing of dreams! You should watch it, it's a great movie. I mean hey, he's probably as good as any other 2 year old.

Unknown said...

I vote for the long hair! It looks great on him. Thanks for getting the fresh prince song in my head. :)

jeileenbaylor said...

I Love that Fresh Prince song! And he looks so adorable with long hair! I love it!

Jenny said...

I kinda like Gavin's hair both ways. and on the bright side, if you cut it short, you wouldn't have to do another haircut for a really long time.

christina said...

haha! i'm cracking up about the hair! i am thinking of that day in target when we were cracking up about our kids' hair.

Jake B. said...

When a couple of guys, who were up to no good, started makin trouble in my neighborhood. I got in one little fight and my mom got scared!

I am obviously one of the few faithful Fresh Prince Fans left!

Your son has no hope of being tall! Unless Ryan has some relative that is like 7 feet tall that Gavin can grab a few inches from. If he is too play hoops, then you need to start working on his ball handling, quickness, and speed. All things a small point guard will need. I know because i am grooming my own height challanged son.

Also i vote long hair. I want the same for Trenton but obviously i am not winning that battle, and i guess neither is Ryan

Anonymous said...

little boys just love basketball. micah does a little free throw "routine" now. i'm not really sure where he picked it up- but they seem to know all things sports inherently-right? the most recent is a little patting of the football with the non-throwing hand as he pulls the ball back before the throw. little boys should get to dream :) because even if they're really bad, they should get to play hard.