Friday, February 01, 2008

All kinds of time

Since we have moved to Chicago, it seems I have all kinds of time. We don't know too many people here and I don't have any huge church commitments anymore (we haven't found a home church yet). So, I have had lots of time to do other things. Since we've moved I've . . .

Made throw pillows
(since I'm sucn and El Cheapo, I have to mention that I got this fabric in the as is section at Ikea for $3 and I've gotten two pillows out of it and still have a bunch left over. I might make a bag out of it, too!)

crocheted a hat




And another hat

(thanks Gabrielle for modeling it for me!)



with mittens to match



I have had all of these Starbucks coffee stickers for well over a year and have not known what to do with them. Well, I decided to put them on my plain ol' white magnetic board. Now I have a super cool orignal magnetic board!

It went from this:



To this!



And of course, I have had so much time to spend with Gavin. We have been making valentine cards and crafts for everyone, making ramps for our train tracks and just playing a lot together. Yesterday he told me that he wanted a Notebook like Blues Clue's. So, I jumped online and found a picture of what it looks like. A few clicks of the mouse, some staples and a little tape and we had ourselved a handy dandy notebook! Gavin loves it! We have been taking it everywhere! It's pretty generic, but it works for us!

What have you been doing/like to do in your spare time?

9 comments:

jeileenbaylor said...

Love the pillows and the board! Very creative :o)

the johnson crew said...

oh wow, you are crafty. i'm impressed!

Katie Barker said...

Your board is amazing. People, would pay a lot of money for that! We were saving those stickers individually off of bags of coffee to make magnets out of, but I have like max - 7 not 70. Very cool perk of Ryans job I suppose! :)

suzanne said...

Hey Katie, if you want some more, I have like 25 rolls of them. They are older ones, though. But I could send you a few of each kind. Let me know!

Unknown said...

Ok, you're making me vvvvvvvvvery jealous of all your free time!! I must console myself with the fantasy that I'll have time to do fun projects like that again some day. I've got lots of ideas for sewing projects but no motivation or energy. I didn't know that ikea sold FABRIC?!? Great crocheting too. Who taught you?

Katie Barker said...

Suzanne,
that would be super cool! I'll send you my address over facebook.

suzanne said...

Katie - I'll send them out this week! Yeah to get rid of them! Ryan wont let me throw them away but I have so much!

Alicia - I have to say that I learned to crochet over the internet. I found this super cool website that shows all different kinds of stitches on video. And there are free patterns all over the place, too!

Anonymous said...

We miss that cute little face! Thanks for finally blogging, even though we talk, its still fun to read up you you guys. Love you and miss you 3 =)

Jason and Kate

A Weaver's Touch said...

Martha Stewart just called - she would like your private number to use as her personal hotline for great ideas! LOVE the pillow - - - I'm inspired. IKEA sells fabric?? I'm headed there next week!

Okay, so the other day I'm looking around at my office and thinking, I'm gonna call Suzanne and have her come organize this place from top to bottom. Then I remembered - Chicago is a little far for that.... Your house looks great BTW - took the "tour" on Facebook!