Tuesday, February 19, 2008

A little of this, a little of that

On our way home from church on Sunday I saw a bumber sticker that said

Warning: In case of rapture this car will be unmanned

I thought that was so funny, but practical too!



We have just been hanging out around here. Our friend James came to visit for a few days. It was nice to see someone from Michigan.













I have been crocheting like crazy as well. I made a bear for Gavin. It was fun to make. It's a little lopsided and very imperfect, but Gavin doesn't mind. I am currently working on making a pig.





We are also in the process of hatching a baby dinasour. We bought an egg from the Field Museum and have been videoing our progress. I will post the videos soon! Here is what the egg looked like when we brought it home and submerged it in water.










I got to hang my curtains up last week too! I was excited about that. The excitment didn't last too long becasue once they were hung, they were much too short to fit our windows. No worries, I just dug out some old material and sewed in an extra stripe. They used to be just solid brown. It took me forever b/c I don't have a sewing maching yet. There are four pannels altogether, but I just took a picture of one.






I have to throw in a picture of Gavin! What would a post about our family be without a picture of him!?!?!










Well, thats what we've been up to lately!

6 comments:

jeileenbaylor said...

Oh wow! so many things going on! Curtains, a dinosaur, friends...

well, I LOVE the curtains! What a good idea! So you did that all by hand? Crazy!

christina said...

i really thought the curtains were specifically made that way the first time. they look great! good work.

the johnson crew said...

wow, i am especially impressed with those curtains... they look great!

thanks for your note on our blog! we are SO excited!

Mike and Nicole said...

So....does your house clean itself? I can't believe all the stuff you do. I feel that way about a lot of people though so maybe my house is just especially hard to clean for some reason.

suzanne said...

Nic - my house is A LOT smaller than yours and I only have one child. Big difference there!

kellyH said...

wow, you are so crafty with the sewing! I just saw on katie's blog where you said about that woman telling you to go back to high school. I can't even believe people have that much nerve!