Sunday, February 10, 2008

Family Day

It was a fairly warm day on Friday, so we took advantage of it. We found a great place to shop on Friday morning with the greatest store ever invented. It's called the Conatiner Store. It is organizational heaven. I loved it. A bit pricey, but it was still cool. I can't believe that I walked out of there empty handed! We found a Children's Place and got some really great deals. They had 50% off of their already clearnace items so we were able to pick up a lot of 4T stuff for next year!


After the morning of shopping, we came back home and grabbed some lunch Gavin took a nap and then we headed out to the zoo! The Lincoln Park Zoo is a really cool, free zoo in the city. I was suprised at how much we were able to see with it being so cold. A lot of it is inside, but some of the animals were outside. We saw some camels and Gavin said, "Can they talk?" It was so funny. I guess in any cartoons that he watches the animals do talk. His favorite thing was the barn that they have with a very big, very real John Deere tractor. Ryan tried to get a picture of the barn with the skyline in the background.








5 comments:

jeileenbaylor said...

Looks like such a fun day with family!

Hey guess what?! Tim wen to a Starbuck's job fair last week and got interviewed.. they are calling him this week to let him know about a job. He said it sounded really promising!

suzanne said...

oh wow - tell him to give Ryan as a reference! That is really cool! The addiction begins!

Julie said...

Looks like a great time! I was tagged on my blog and am now tagging you. You can check out my blog for details. Hope you respond! (If it helps, we are HUGE fans of Starbucks at our house!)

Unknown said...

OH my, it didn't look like a warm day. You guys are so adventurous!

I've only ever been to one container store location - loved looking around and dreaming of a coordinated organized home. Sigh.

By the way, I just noticed you have Harvest Bible Chapel listed on your blog. Do you guys attend there? Do you happen to know Tim Allchin? Last I knew he was on staff there.

A Weaver's Touch said...

I saw the Container Store founders on Oprah last week - or maybe the week before - - - anyhow, I immediately thought, "I've GOT to tell Suzanne about that place" but figured you'd probably already been there. They have the coolest thing that fits into your purse. I just ordered one online and can't wait for it to come!!! I'm so glad you got to go - - - I want to hear ALLLLLLL about it!!!!