Friday, May 23, 2008

Trip to Michigan


Well, we had a fantastical time in Michigan last week. Gavin and I took the train on Tuesday and headed out to my parents house.

We were away from Ryan for almost four days. I know that doesn't seem like a long time, but Ryan and I have never been apart for that long before. It was very unsettling to me. I was pretty nervous about it and I missed him like crazy the whole time. I was having fun, so that helped!

We arrived at my parents house on Tuesday evening and Herb and Kristy came over with the kids. Gavin and Jonas acted like they never skipped a beat and played great together. They even had a sleepover one night! They always have such a great time together. We didn't do too much, just hung out a lot and let the boys play!



On Thursday night my mom and dad dropped me off at my friend Marcy's house. We stayed up way to late catching up but had lots of fun. We spent most of the day on Friday at Greenfield Village. Unfortunately, I have no pictures of this event. Well, I do have one, but it's of Gavin and not Marcy and I.

Marcy was kind enough to treat us to lunch and Gavin got this hobo lunch. Although you can't really tell in the picture, he was pretty excited about it. It came with a P.B. and J, a cheese stick, apple sauce and a box of raisins. I thought it was so cute. Apparently I have told Ryan about it five or six times!


After our day with Marcy she dropped me off in good old Allen Park where we spent the rest of our time with the Dobbertin's. Ryan joined trained in after he got off of work on Friday and I got to pick him up at the train station around 12:30! It was SO good to see him!


I don't think I say this enough, but I married into the best family ever. I have great in-laws. My sisters in laws are my best friends and we all just have a blast together. The whole reason for our trip was to attend Katie's baby shower. It was one of the nicest showers that I have ever been to, and I enjoyed myself so much! Here are some pictures from our time with the Dobbertins!


This is Laura and I doing what we do best - acting dumb.

Uncle Ryan and Jordan telling secrets.

Possibly my favorite picture of all time

1 comment:

Unknown said...

What a wonderful getaway! It's so relaxing and refreshing to soak up family time, eh? Um, I'm guessing you guys watch Winnie-the-Pooh a bit. I can imagine Tigger saying "fantastical". :)