Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Sneak Peak

Well, it's not done yet, but here are some pics of Charlotte's room.

We aren't allowed to paint, so this is fabric that I put on the wall above the crib. I was told that you could use a corn starch paste to stick the fabric to the wall. I googled it and voila! It worked!



C is for Charlotte!
I got the giant letter C from JoAnn Fabrics (with a 40% coupon, I have to add) and then painted it brown, punched out all the circles and went crazy with the decoupage! Ryan hung it up for me!


Here is the view from the doorway. I am still waiting on my (FREE) changing table. It is traveling here from Michigan over Thanksgiving weekend. Once I get that, I'll post pics from the other side and the wall decor I did over there.

This was my latest idea. I bought this hanging thing from Ikea over a year ago and decided to re purpose it. I used my left over fabric and cut out circles and applied them with some good old fabric glue. I love how it turned out! I should have taken a before picture!

I have to say, when I envisioned having a girl I always thought I'd go pink, pink and more PINK! However, I love how this theme is turning out!

4 comments:

kellyH said...

so so cute!! it's funny that we have the same theme - yours looks great. we haven't gotten our furniture yet, so it'll be a little while before I'm done. I enjoyed seeing your progress though! I was hoping it was enough of a neutral theme that I could use it for a girl as well, so it looks like is - good to know!

christina said...

this is looking super cute! i love it!

the johnson crew said...

adorable, i love all you have done. you are SO creative!

A Weaver's Touch said...

The capital "C" can also stand for CUTE! I love, love, LOVE it!!!!