Monday, February 16, 2009

It's already happening!


One of my biggest fears (for lack of a better word) when Charlotte was born was that Gavin would drift from being a mamma's boy to a daddy's boy. I love my relationship with Gav and how we function and flow together throughout our day. Well, it is already happening. Today he got hurt. It was a minor injury that didn't even require a band aid (although one was administered). I put Charlotte down and immediately came to his rescue to comfort and love on him. Well, he let me hug him for a minute (okay, it was more like three seconds!) before he croaked out, "Where is daddy?" It was such a sad moment for me. Although, I have to say not as sad as I thought it would be. I thought I might cry if something like that ever happened. As it turns out, having a daddy's boy won't be so bad after all. We will survive and I am sure he won't always just want his daddy.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Don't worry, he'll DEFINITELY come back to being a momma's boy once Charlotte is established into the family. I had a similar experience with Chloe during the first several weeks of Clive's life. I'm guessing because I had been in the hospital and Matt was taking care of her 24/7 she naturally felt more bonded to him. She was even scared for me in the hospital and I slept next to her for the first few nights at home to help her transition. Hang in there!