Monday, February 23, 2009

Gavin says the funniest things!

1. He always refers to people as "humans"

2. A few days ago Gavin told me, "I wanna be just like Jesus!"

3. When he wanted me to do something ( I can't even remember what) for him and I told him I couldn't, he said, "Come on, mom, be strong like daddy!"

4. Yesterday he asked, "Do animals have an imagination?"

5. As I was driving the other day and stuck in some traffic I was huffing and puffing and Gavin asked me, "Are you frustrated, mom?" I said, "YES!" He then replied, "Well, when the cars start moving, it will be over and you will not be frustrated anymore." Thanks Gav, you're such a problem solver. . .

6. Several months ago we had a conversation about creation. He asked me how God created earth. I told him that God just spoke it into existence. Well, since Charlotte has been born we've had some interesting conversations about me nursing her. I told him that that was how God created mommies bodies - to make milk for their babies. Well, after he had time to process this, he asked me: "Mom, can I see God speak the milk into you?" He assumed that when God spoke it, I filled up with milk!

7. While at the store he picked something up and said, "Is this on sale?" Can you tell his mamma is a frugal shopper?

8. His Grandma sent him some money in the mail and I asked Gavin what he wanted to buy with it. This was his reply, "I want one of those guns from Target that are in the toy aisle by the potties." You can tell you spend way too much time at Target when your four year old knows the layout of the store.

4 comments:

Katie Barker said...

good stuff! hope you are doing well adjusting to 2 little ones :)Glad you have Gavin to keep you laughing :)

Kelly Glupker said...

That is so cute!

jeileenbaylor said...

oh my word - I was so excited when I saw the title of this blog post in google reader. These are by far my favorite posts!! Haha - he just cracks me up!

My Kids Mom said...

Our children may be related...they always ask if things are on sale and can give you aisle numbers for the things they like at Target!