Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Gavin

This kid keeps cracking me up. On one of our trips to the Library he was convinced that he wanted to get some books in Spanish. I couldn't talk him out of it, so I decided to humor him. So, we bring the books home and the next day he asks me to read to him. So, I break out my best accent and go to work. Gavin was looking at me like I was speaking gibberish. I thought he was going to say that he didn't understand it. Instead, he looks at me and says, "So, can we speak Spanish now?" I was cracking up. He totally thinks he can speak Spanish. I need to get this kid a tutor before his desire fades. I would love to have a bilingual little boy! Of course when he is older I am sure he would teach Charlotte and they would use it against me somehow!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Wow, how cute! Isn't it funny how our little ones are attracted to foreign languages? I know spanish but Chloe could care less. She's very interested in French right now due to a couple of books we've read for Five in a Row. I even checked out a "Teach me French" cd that has music and native speaking. She's loving listening to it and mimicking it. And I'm feeling totally helpless at the whole French accent thing! You are very brave to attempt reading some Spanish books to Gavin.

If you allow Gavin to do things on the computer, check out this site:
http://www.poissonrouge.com/

It's a french-based site but also has Spanish and Greek alphabets and vocabulary words.

jeileenbaylor said...

That is just hilarious!!!