Thursday, February 25, 2010

Ouch!

Last Thursday we were getting ready for Ryan's parents to come into town on the train. Ryan was heading out the door to run a last minute errand. He slipped and fell on some ice and cut (okay, sliced) two of his fingers open on a license plate. I heard him come back in the door and say my name. I followed him (and a trail of blood) into the bathroom. He was gushing blood. Poor Ryan was in so much pain he could hardly think straight. Once he absorbed the situation a little bit, he decided to drive himself to the ER. He was there for over three hours and I think they let a med student stitch him up. It looks awful. They didn't even clean the wound very well. When he took the bandage off the next day, he couldn't even get it off b/c it was stuck to gobbs of blood! Ewww.

This picture was a few days after the incident. It is healing up nicely here. I have a better, grosser picture on my phone, but I'll spare you all the horror!

1 comment:

Katie Barker said...

Gosh that does look horrible! They look like frankenstein stiches.