Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Bed Time Battles


Never in my life have I had a battle to get my kids to bed. Sure, Gavin might whine a little bit sometimes. He gets corrected and then it's over. He's in bed. Well, our spunky little girl has been throwing these fits when I try and put her to bed. It just baffles me. Last night was the worst. She knew it was time to go to bed and every time I would go to pick her up and take her, she would run to Ryan screaming and crying. Then she would snuggle up to him and look at me with this snotty little face. I was shocked. She did it about three times. Ryan finally had to get up and take her to bed himself. He put her in her crib and we said good night and walked right out. She cried for 5 - 7 minutes and then it was over. Ryan and I were just looking at each other shaking our heads. When we imagined having a little girl, we thought it was going to be a much sweeter picture. It looks like we have our work cut out for us with this one! I know we will have our struggles with her, but we wouldn't trade her for the world. With the right direction, her will and firey personality will be able to do great things!!

3 comments:

christina said...

ugh! that's the worst. the day is done, you're exhausted, you just want the routine to kick in..... been there. with my girl, too. she's feisty. and she always went to bed for nathan. thankfully, she's past that little phase. i'll pray yours passes quickly. :) you need your rest!

jeileenbaylor said...

Oh I hear you girl! We haven't quite had the bed time battle, but we have had the every day tantrum battles when we say "no" to her. It's been getting pretty rough. But we're just trying to stick with her and be consistent. What can I say, we have some fiery girls :) - but like you said, with the right guidance and direction, they will do amazing things!

Kelly Glupker said...

This post makes me a little nervous. My sister has 3 boys and one girl and her girl has quite the "personality" too. :) ha!