Wednesday, July 07, 2010

Birthday Fun!

My birthday always seems to stretch out over an entire weekend because of the Holiday. No complaints here!

The kids had fun helping me make the cake . . .






And we all had fun EATING the cake! I ended up using this recipe. I switched the devils food cake mix for a chocolate one, though. It was DELISH!


On Saturday we headed out to Ryan's grandparents house for some rest and relaxation. It's hard to believe they will be turning 81 this year. Ryan's grandpa is as active as ever. He LOVES to paint pictures of landscapes and he even sent us home with one this time! I'll have to take a picture of it and post it. It is really amazing! Sadly, I did not get a picture of the grandparents this trip. I guess I'll have to wait till next time!

Sunday, we headed to the beach in the a.m. One of the perks of having an evening service at church is that we have most of the day to spend together. The beach was heavenly. Definitely my favorite activity of the weekend.



I thought this was so funny - she did not fall out of the chair.



Hope your fourth of July was as much fun and relaxing as ours was!

No comments: