Monday, September 06, 2010

Has anybody seen August?

Where on earth did the month of August go? It was the fastest and busiest month of my life.

On the church front, AWANA is about to start. I have been crazy busy prepping for that. Also, our church campus is moving locations which has meant a lot of work for Children's Ministry. We are expecting to have a lot more kids. We are also able to move to a morning service, something we have greatly missed. We are praising the Lord for his working out all of these details. Did I mention that I can see the new location from my front door?

I finally tackled the garage sale. It was fun, fast and I got rid of LOTS of stuff I did not need. Ryan and I are getting into this "minimalist" mindset. Life seems so much simpler and easier with less stuff. AND, I made some pretty quick cash that went right into our vacation fund!

Getting Gavin ready for school was more complicated than I realized. We spent months agonizing over where to send him. We finally settled on the public school right down the street (where our church is going to be meeting). I've attended orientations, teacher meet and greets, budget meetings, it's been busy. It's a great school, probably the best public school in the city. However, the last few weeks I've been freaking out. When we moved here, I planned on homeschooling. I would have to give up my church ministries if I tackled homeschooling right now. After lots of prayer, we decided that this was the best position for our family.

So, he starts tomorrow. It's actually just a few hours and we stay with him the whole time. I've been so busy I haven't really had time to think about it. Now that it's here, I am so sad. I am going to miss my boy!! He will be going from 8:30 - 2:30 every day! What a long day without my bud! I'll let you know how it goes!

2 comments:

Katie Barker said...

Wow - does sound like August zipped by for you. And wow on Gavin going to school that DOES seem like a long time to be gone. I'm sure you'll enjoy having extra time though to have girl time! (well before baby get's here). And, I have to say, I appreciated the sentiments about church ministries and home schooling. Great perspectives!

Unknown said...

Holy cats, you've had a busy month! What an exciting busy though! Let us know how Gavin (and YOU) do with school!