Monday, November 22, 2010

Alive and Well


We are here! and we are doing quite well. Life with three is busy. Chase Matthew has transitioned into our family well and we are enjoying him thoroughly. He is a sweet little guy who just seems to fit right it!

I had a dr.'s appointment on Nov. 5th. They did an ultrasound to check my fluid and promptly sent me directly to the hospital. Do not go home, do not pass go, etc. I got there around 12:30, they started the pitocin around 2:00, at 5:30 my nurse checked me and then ran out of the room. Ryan and I looked at each other and stared to laugh. Then we heard he yell down the hall, "DR. TYLER, DR. TYLER - YOU COME CATCH BABY!" We didn't believe her. My previous deliveries lasted around 18 hours. When Woo (our nurse :) ) came back into the room Ryan asked her when she thought the baby would be born. Her response was "BEFORE 6:00!!!!" Again, we looked at each other and laughed. We still didn't believe her. The next thing I knew, Dr. Tyler was in my room and baby Chase was flying out of me! It was seriously that fast. We were just cracking up the entire time b/c we couldn't believe it was happening. As soon as he was born the doctor was saying, "That's a big baby, he's at least 9 lbs!" 9lbs, 9 oz., to be exact! The poor guy came out so quickly that he was a little beat up. His face and head were bruised and the whites of his eyes were blood red. His bruising went away after a few days but he's still hanging on to the red eyes a bit. He's feeding and sleeping pretty well. We've had a few rough nights but overall I couldn't ask for an easier baby.

Gavin is over the moon and so in love with "Chaser Bean". He asks to hold him all the time and really wants to know when he can feed him a bottle! He watches him for me when I do the laundry or hop in the shower.

Charlotte had a rough week and half. She wasn't quite sure what to think. We've dealt with temper tantrums, waking up in the night, lots of mischief and have heard the word "NO!" a lot. Towards the end of last week she started calming down again and seems to be used to our new life with Chase. She loves him so much. She's never taken her frustration out on him. She loves to kiss him and wants to share everything with him - including suckers, chocolate chip cookies and sippy cups. She seems to think that he should share everything of his with her, too! I've seen her in his car seat and his bouncy chair. I've caught her with his passy in her mouth quite often and she even climbed up on my lap and tried to have a go at nursing. Yeah, I don't think so, Charlotte!

I am loving our new family of five. God is giving me lots of grace and patience during these busy days. I am trying to soak it all in and enjoy each moment - even getting pee'd on (Gavin thinks that is a HOOT!). Gavin has been learning Galatians 5:22-23 this week. "But the fruit of the Spirit is Love, Joy, Peace, Patience, Kindness, Goodness, Faithfulness, Gentleness and Self-Control. Hmmm, I think I needed that verse more than he did this week! I love how the Lord works these things out for us!

Well, this is way too long as it is. I'm sure you didn't make it to the end! Hopefully soon we'll get into a routine and blogging will be a part of it.

Happy Thanksgiving!

4 comments:

the johnson crew said...

awe, congratulations! what a great story! i am so happy he is here safely and you had a quick delivery. you are a beautiful family of five!

kellyH said...

thanks for sharing all the details! so glad to hear that things are going so well! great to hear about such a quick delivery.

Unknown said...

Congratulations! How funny and terrific that it went so fast and smoothly for you!!

Katie Barker said...

Oh so glad to hear you are all doing well and adjusting! love the details of the kids adjusting. Makes me wonder how we did as kids when my 3rd sibling came along :)