Friday, March 18, 2011

Charlotte

One Crazy Girl

Our late talker has now become our excessive talker. She talkes all the time. Possibly, she talks more than her brother - who also never stops talking. It's not very quiet at our house!

Charlotte does not love going to bed. She puts up a little fight every once in awhile with the hopes of staying up. Sometimes, I am just so tired that I just give her what she wants. The other night as I put her to bed and this is what the scene looked like:
She wanted to wear undies to bed but I insisted she wear a diaper (she hasn't woken up dry once). So we compromised a bit. She had on her diaper, her way too small Elmo jams and some undies over top of them. It was SO funny. Gavin was cracking up when he saw it in the morning.
Also in her bed were her standard items - her blankie, a tissue, her small pillow, her pillow pet, Pooh Bear, Minnie Mouse, her baby doll and a Curious George book. She never goes to bed without these items. This night however, we were adding things to the list - another C.G. book, another baby doll, several outfit changes for the baby dolls (complete with accessories) and a regular sized pillow. All that in a tiny little toddler bed. It was worth it though. Ryan and I got a good laugh out of it all, especially the undies!

Another great thing about Charlotte is that she will only wear 100% cotton. This girl loves to be comfortable. I have yet to wrangle her into a dress for church. She loves the way they look on the hanger, and will often choose a dress. Once it's on however, she HATES the way it feels and looks. She's a pants kind of a girl! Which is okay with me. I can't even tell you the last time I wore a skirt/dress - maybe last Easter?

She is one crazy kid and I love her more than words can say!!!

3 comments:

Katie Barker said...

That's a lot of things in bed! Oh what funny memories you're recording.

kellyH said...

I know on the talking - sometimes I wonder why I was so anxious for Graham to talk because now he's a nonstop flow of chatter! :)
the undies crack me up!

jeileenbaylor said...

AWWW, sweet! I love the image of her with her diaper, pj's and undies ;) I honestly can't imagine how you can even get in a word edgewise between Gavin and her, ha!