Saturday, February 26, 2011

Up the nose

So, if we're friends on Facebook, you probably already know this, but here's the story anyway.

I was in the shower the other morning and when I got out, Charlotte was playing with the game Operation. She loves this game. Some of the pieces are rubber and green. Charlotte loves these pieces and sometimes she walks around with them in her hands for hours. I think she just likes the way they feel. Well, I guess she wanted to know what they felt like up her nose, because that is where she stuck one.

As soon as I got out of the shower she came over and showed me one piece said, "Nose" and then sniffed a few times. She actually pretends to stick things up her nose a lot. I think she likes the reaction she gets from me (It's a middle child thing - you know, negative attention is still attention). Well, I thought that was what she was doing. So I said, "No no Charlotte. We don't stick things up our nose. It's dangerous." Well, she kept following me and saying, "Up nose, up nose." Then I started looking for all of the pieces to the game. I enlisted the help of Gavin and we were searching for all three green pieces. We found two. I put her up on my bed and sure enough, I saw it up there. I couldn't get it out with tweezers and she wouldn't blow it out. I was a little panicky. I called the doctor and they said I needed to come in right away. I rushed around and got all three kids ready and headed out the door.

On my way there, she seemed fine so I started to chuckle to myself about it. I called my mom and we had a good laugh. I did this with a sticker when I was little. An hour later (thank you Chicago traffic) we pulled up to the dr.'s office and before I could get the kids out of the car, Charlotte puked all down the front of her. I started to panic again. I ran them all inside, got us checked in and then took her to the bathroom, stripped her down and tried to clean her up.

Once they called us back into our room, the nurse was taking her time. She was taking her temp, weighing her, and just chatting with us. It was nuts. Then she came back in with these long, sharp tweezers. She pulled that thing out w/i three seconds. It was awesome. Charlotte must have thought so to, because she was bouncing off the walls after ward.

Not fun to stick things in your nose, little girl. Not fun!

No comments: