Thursday, March 31, 2011

Phases

I often go in and out of different phases. I sort of have an excessive personality. When I like or do something, I really DO it! I look back on some of these with fond memories and some I look back and shake my head. What was I thinking?
Some of the phases I've been through are:

Scrapbooking - I made Gavin THREE huge books in his first year of life

Blogging - I used to blog about every little thing, now I'm lucky if I blog at all

Photography - I can't tell you how many times I've dressed up my kids to take shots of them at home. Glad that's over. Although, I do wish I took more pics these days.

Animal Crossing - Gavin got the game Animal Crossing for the wii last year. Slightly addicting, okay REALLY addicting. We played a lot. Again, glad that's over with.

American Idol - used to watch this show every single week, twice a week. I gave it up a few years ago. It was just too much with the kids. I was always shushing everyone and frustrated if I couldn't hear every last word. Can you say "Pathetic?"

Good Will Shopping - I still like to thrift, but I don't do it as often. Probably has something to do with our two story shop with no elevators. Not very stroller friendly if you ask me. While I love a great bargain, I really just brought home a ton of junk that I didn't need.

Some phases (obsessions?) that I am going through right now are - crocheting, making bread in the bread machine (yummo), washing all my clothes in Downy(the pink cap!) and my newest addition is minimalist living (more to come on this).

What phases have you gone through?

2 comments:

Annie said...

Everyday during naptime I used to talk to this amazing friend. Seriously, like for hours everyday we would skype. Now we have three kids and no time for each other....
I miss that phase :(

suzanne said...

I can't tell you how often I think about that phase! It was a GREAT phase. . . miss you. BTW, I don't think skype existed then.