Thursday, June 28, 2007

What a Week

Well, it has been a trying week for our family. I am truly amazed at the amount of grace and peace that the Lord has given us. As we say at our church, "God is good, ALL THE TIME." I believe that with every thing I have in me. Although sometimes it is hard to understand the why in situations like this, I really take comfort in knowing that God does work all things together for good for those that love Him. I believe that so much good can come from this, even if it isn't until much later. We are very thankful for what we do have - Salvation, church family, a strong healthy two year old, our Godly heritage, a strong marriage rooted in God's Word, a beautiful home, monetary provision, our health, friends that hold us up in prayer and point us to Christ, this list could go on and on. My point is that we have chosen to focus on what we do have instead of what we don't. We thank you for your prayers and we ask that you continue to pray as I am sure hard days are still to come. Thank you!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

God is so gracious to give you such a positive focus on His sovereignty during this difficult time. I keep thinking as I hear about early miscarriages that it's much better to lose a baby earlier in the pregnancy than later. I have friends who've had to go through laboring to deliver a stillborn and that's just heartbreaking. Thanks for pointing us to God through your attitude! We'll keep praying for you all!