Tuesday, August 05, 2008

7 years, almost!

Our 7th wedding anniversary is sneaking up on us! The actual date is August 18th. I can not believe that it has been seven years. It seems, in a way, that we were just married last week! On the other hand, it also feels like we have been married for forever! I don't remember what life was like not being married to Ryan. It seems as though we've existed as one for 20 years, not just seven. What a blessing to be married to a strong, spiritual leader who challenges me and makes me better every day. He helps me to be the best possible version of myself. Life is never dull with Ryan around, either. He is constantly making me laugh (even at myself) and keeping our lives interesting and FUN!


I have been thinking about all the things we have done and accomplished in these last seven years. Here are some of the highlights.

In the last 7 years, we have . . .



1. Moved six times


2. lived in five different cities


3. lived in two states


4. owned two homes


5. sold two homes


6. been through six different jobs (btw. the two of us)


7. have had eight nieces and nephews born


8. had one child


9. had one miscarriage


10. and have one baby on the way!

Here are a few of my favorite pictures from the last seven years!




Our first date




Our wedding (10 months after our first date!)





On our honeymoon





Just this past July

9 comments:

Katie Barker said...

Oh my goodness! Congratulations!!! When are you due? I'm very excited for you. Sorry it hasn't worked to connect yet. Maybe now that Tim is here, the 4 (5) of us could get together!

Kelli said...

Happy Anniversary (in a few days!) And congratulations on the pregnancy. Hope you are having a good summer!

Katie said...

Yay! Yay! Yay! Congratulations! I bet Gavin is so excited. :)

And happy anniversary too! I remember your wedding. It was so pretty! :)

Jenny said...

Ha, nice leather pants! I remember you going on that first date, and the pillow. LOL. Oh, my.

Congrats on seven years and on the happy news of another baby on the way! How exciting!

Carrie said...

Way to sneak that in there - Congratulations. I have prayed for you since your miscarriage that you would be able to get pregnant again.

jeileenbaylor said...

Suz! I am soooo happy for you! that is just wonderful! I have been praying for you. I am so glad that things have worked out for you. And soo glad that you and Ryan are heading onto 7 years of happy marriage :) whooo hooo! Oh and Now our pregnancies will overlap and our kiddos will be pretty close in age - how fun!

jeileenbaylor said...

Suz! I am soooo happy for you! that is just wonderful! I have been praying for you. I am so glad that things have worked out for you. And soo glad that you and Ryan are heading onto 7 years of happy marriage :) whooo hooo! Oh and Now our pregnancies will overlap and our kiddos will be pretty close in age - how fun!

suzanne said...

Julie - I see many playdates in our future!!!

Kelly Glupker said...

Seems like I recall one of your dates when you wore a coat. ;) Does that ring a bell?
Congratulations on baby! When are you due?