Sunday, August 24, 2008

Gavin Talk

Gavin is FULL of questions these days. He never stops talking. He isn't always asking the easiest questions, either. Sometimes my answers take lots of thought and sometimes I realize I should have taken more time to answer them! We've had some serious misunderstandings! One of the more hilarious ones happened the other day.


Gavin was asking me the difference between two words that sounded the same but were very different. The explanation would take too long, so I will spare you the details and skip to the fun part. As I was explaining it to him, he was really struggling to understand what I was saying. He kept asking more questions so the answer continued to get more complicated. Finally Gavin responded with this:


" I don't really know what you are talking about, mamma. Maybe we should just stop talking about this."


I heartily agreed!



Another good one came awhile back, not sure if I mentioned it yet. We were sitting at the dinner table just chatting and Gavin spoke up and asked: "Does God have a butt?" You can imagine the laughter that followed that one.


This next story is one of my favorites and is Gavin's most recent misunderstanding. We were again sitting at the table eating breakfast and I was telling Gavin that someday he was going to grow up, get married and be a daddy. This is how the conversation went after I explained that:


Gavin: So then we will get rid of our daddy?


Me(slightly confused): no, You will get married and be a daddy.


Gavin: so wont we have to get rid of our daddy?


Me: no


Gavin: so there will be two daddys?


Me: No, You will grow up and get married to another girl and you will be a daddy in your own house.


Gavin: I don't want another girl! I want you! We can just get rid of our daddy!


Ryan (not too pleased): HEY!!!!
Lots of giggles between Gavin and I!!!!
We are so thankful for our little guy and all his crazy words! He keeps us on our toes and definitely keeps up laughing a lot!

Trying out his old carseat


at the Science and Industry museum!

3 comments:

Katie said...

I'm cracking up here. What a character! I told Luke tonight that he was a character. He said he wasn't, because characters are in movies. He watches too many movies. :)

He was looking at your pictures and wanted to know why Gavin was naked. :) Luke is wearing nothing but underwear either - his most popular outfit.

Kelly Glupker said...

I loved the story about Gavin becoming a Daddy. I shared it with Ben and he laughed too. So cute.

jeileenbaylor said...

oh my! Tim and I just laughed and laughed at these! I read them out loud to him (as he was trying to do some serious seminary reading :) I think it was good comic relief for him :)