Wednesday, January 07, 2009

What's for dinner?



Ryan got me this cookbook for Christmas and I LOVE it! It's all about pureeing veggies and sneaking them into your meals. You may think, I don't need to sneak veggies into my kids meals, I just make them eat them! Well, Gavin is actually a good veggie eater. He eats broccoli like a champ and loves every minute of it. Ryan is my non veggie eater! I don't think he quite knew what he was getting himself into when he bought this book! I've got some good veggies into his diet and I don't tell him until after he's eaten it all up! He doesn't mind, as long as he doesn't know what he's eating while he's eating it for the first time! I've been pureeing like crazy and freezing them for future use! This is a book I would definitely recommend!

4 comments:

Kara said...

Hi, I just arrived here from Kelly Glupker's blog. I love that book, too! I have checked it out from the library, and I'm thinking about buying it. I really like the retro look of it , too. :)

My Kids Mom said...

Suzanne, I graduated with Ryan and read your blog quite a bit...I was looking at this cookbook because I have one super picky eater - who just happens to be diabetic. The other two boys eat great...is it worth the money...and are the recipes sneaky enough?

suzanne said...

My son usually doesnt notice. just don't let your kids catch you in the process of making them. My son almost had a heart attack when he saw the broccoli puree, and he LOVES broccoli! I think it's worth the investment. Try checking it out from the Library first, though.

christina said...

that is a genius idea.... i need it for my non-veg men! :)