Sunday, August 01, 2010

Down in the Dumps

I've hit the bottom this week. We came off of VBS week with Charlotte being sick. Then Gavin started showing sympotms and now I have jointed the crew. Charlotte is still sick. It's been eight days. She is MUCH better than the rest of us and on the mend, but it seems that I am looking down a long week of recovery. This is the second week I have had to stay home from church. BOO HOO to that. I despise missing church. My sciatica is ruling my body this week as well. So. Much. Pain. I can't wait till this little guy is on the outside!

On the up side, I have had lots of time to sit and start updating my Etsy site. I'm happy to say I've sold three hats and seven hair clips this week. Yay for that. It is going straight to the vacation fund.

If you don't see me much in next week, know that I am rotting on the couch blowing my nose till it's red and feeling miserable. Oh and I will also be feeling guilty for all the t.v. my kids are watching and how I am not reading to them because I can barely breathe.

I do have to say, I love my husband. He totally took charge this weekend and let me sleep whenever I wanted/needed. He fed the kids, took them outside, went grocery shopping, vacuumed the house, did all the laundry, made a special trip to CVS just to buy me some coke ( I know, I broke down and drank coke: just add it to my list of things I'm feeling guilty about), he washed and vacuumed the car, he cleaned out our storage area and sorted things out for the upcoming garage sale . . . I could go on and on about how awesome he is, but I'll just leave it here. I'm running out of steam and my kids don't seem to be occupied by the boob tube anymore. Great.

Hope you have a better week than mine!!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Oh, dear! I'm sure your pregnancy hormones aren't helping you any. Those buggers were always the worst for me in month 1 and month 6. And postpartum of course too. Hang in there -- I'll pray right now that God lifts your spirit. He's the only one capable of truly bringing you joy (though coke helps a little too -- cherry coke is my downfall).

jeileenbaylor said...

I am sorry it's gotten so bad adn spread throughout all of you! Although I do have to say - I loved your last line -you are such a goof ball ;) Please let me know if I can help with anything! I really would love to! I'm so glad to hear things have been selling on Etsy - you really have been kicking butt with updating it!

kellyH said...

seriously, sick and/or preggo woman are not allowed to feel guilty about anything - don't fret. :) you know this isn't the normal, so allow yourself grace and know it won't last forever. yay for a great hubby and I am especially hoping the sciatica improves, because I seriously know how bad that is!! hang in there and get well soon!