Wednesday, April 27, 2011

By the way . . .

I am still in the process of compiling my list of 30 meals. I haven't forgotten. Projects just run slow around here these days! I've got about 17 meals on the list but only five of them are typed out with the ingredients and recipes. I am still working on the formatting, too. I want it to be easy access when I'm headed to the market. Okay, grocery store. I wanted to sound cooler than I really am.

I still need a few more recipes or ideas, so if you didn't chime in before - THIS IS YOUR CHANCE!

1 comment:

jeileenbaylor said...

Oooh - so glad you posted this again, I was going to add a recipe but had forgotten! If you already have a pot pie recipe, let me know and I can shoot you another one!


CHEESY CHICKEN POT PIE

Ingredients: SERVES 8

3 cups chopped cooked chicken
1 (16 ounce) package frozen mixed vegetables
8 ounces Velveeta cheese, cubed 

1 (10 3/4 ounce) can reduced-sodium cream of chicken soup 1 (8 ounce) can refrigerated crescent dinner rolls
(I add pasta – mostly cooked)
Directions
1
Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
2
Combine first four ingredients in a 13 X 9- inch baking dish.

Unroll dough; place over chicken mixture.
4
Bake 20-25 minutes or until crust is golden brown.

Nutrition Facts
Serving Size 1 (171g)
Recipe makes 8 servings
The following items or measurements are not included below:
reduced-sodium cream of chicken soup
Calories 299
Calories from Fat 106 (35%)
Amount Per Serving %DV
Total Fat 11.8g 18%
Saturated Fat 5.5g 27%
Monounsaturated Fat 2.2g
Polyunsaturated Fat 1.3g
Trans Fat 0.0g
Cholesterol 75mg 25%
Sodium 642mg 26%
Potassium 375mg 10%
Total Carbohydrate 25.9g 8%
Dietary Fiber 3.5g 14%
Sugars 3.5g
Protein 22.5g 44%
detailed view...
how is this calculated?