Monday, April 18, 2011

Nursing

I loved nursing my first two. I nursed Gavin for about 13 months and Charlotte weaned herself around 10 months. This time, things are different! I SO want to be done nursing Chase baby. I am so jealous of my friends that have stopped nursing their babies. Most days, I am just so over it. Most days, that is. On those days I am tired, over extended, under nourished, and being pulled in three different directions (literally).
Then, there's those days when things are calm and I feel rested. On those days, I feel like I could nurse him for several more months. These are the rational days. The days when I know I am doing whats best for him, when I am not thinking of only myself and my comfort. These days are so short and I need to remember that. So, this is my resolve to keep at it. Whew, I feel better.

The fact that breast milk is FREE helps out a lot, too. I hate paying for formula!

No comments: