Saturday, April 23, 2011

Reading, Reading, Reading


Gavin and I picked up Charlie and the Chocolate Factory at the Library for our read a loud. We. Loved. It.! We seriously could not put it down. After every chapter Gavin would say, Can we read another one? I couldn't resist, so we did. We'd put the babies down for a nap and read, read, read! It was so fun. I think we read it in just under a week. It usually takes us several weeks to get through a chapter book together.

Next on our list is The Trumpet of the Swan. I've never read this one, but I know it's a children's favorite. And really, how can you go wrong with E.B. White? Hello! Charlotte's Web? I hope we love it just as much!

What have you been reading with your kids lately?

3 comments:

jeileenbaylor said...

I LOVE charlie and the chocolate factory! I read it with my students every year. We did a major themed unit around chocolate: Math, science fair experiments, history, reading, -you name it we did it - FUN! So glad you guys enjoyed it together ;)

Carrie said...

me and my boys enjoyed the set of 3 stories written by Beverly Cleary on Ralph S mouse, the mouse and his motorcycle, and runaway ralph. Great books and my boys are 7 and 5!

The Jackson's Journey said...

Suzanne,

I used to teach at Inter-City and I come across your blog occassionally. I use to read Mr. Popper's Penguins every year and the kids loved it. The Three Cousins Detective Club is also another good series for young kids.