Tuesday, July 04, 2006

25


I turned 25 on Sunday. I have been on this earth for a quater of a century. That is a long time. It feels good to be 25 though. It is suposedly my prime. I am not one of those people who dreads getting older, I actually enjoy it. Every year takes me closer and closer to 30 ~ which, to me, is the perfect age. Practically all my life I have longed to be an adult, be married and have a family. It is great to be living that out now. Although, I do not really feel like an adult. I am hoping that by the time I am 30, I will. When I look back at what I thought my life would be at 25 I wouldnt exactly have thought it would be like it is. I knew I would be married and probably have a child, but as far as "pastor's wife", I never would have dreamed that one up in a million years!!! I just thank the Lord for His perfect will and for bringing me from where I was to where I needed to be. I am a living breathing example of God's grace. I am thankful that I dont have to live in "regret mode" all the time and I can know that Christ paid the price for my sins and I can live in the knowledge of that. I am free, my debt has been paid in full.

My Heavenly Father, You have blessed me beyond measure and more than I ever deserved. Thank you for being faithful to me, when I have, at times, been so unfaithful to you. Thank you for your perfect and Holy word that you have given to me so that I may know you and learn from you. Thank you for blessing me with the people around me and for using them to show me your willl and ways. Thank you, for giving me these 25 years and help me to take whatever time I have left on this earth and to pour myself into You. I love you, Lord.

7 comments:

Kelli said...

Happy Birthday, Suzanne! I am hitting that mile mark in a few weeks, and unlike you, I am not looking forward to it! Hope you had a special day!

Anonymous said...

Sorry it's late, but HAPPY BIRTHDAY! Had I known, I'd have given you a really cool label maker for the big day - - - but since I didn't know about it until too late, I'd feel silly getting you one now!!!!! Guess it'll have to wait until next year! :)

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday dear! I'm 25 too and I love it :o) No kids yet, but one more year of school... so who knows:o)

p.s. Thanks for the inspirational thoughts and prayer.

Jake B. said...

25! Man, i am glad that i am a long ways from that. I was gone over the 4th and when i got back, i was reminded that you share a birthday with one of our employees! Bethany (Rauch) Baldwin. So Happy BDay. Better late than never, i always say. :)

suzanne said...

I forgot that we shared a b-day too! I have tried to block out most of my high school memories. This usually bodes well for me, but sometimes I wish I remembered things like that! Tell her that I said Hi and Happy belated Birthday!!!

jeileenbaylor said...

Suz - I love your hair; it's beautiful :o)

Ben & Shannon said...

Very nice family photo! and Happy Birthday!!! (a little late)