Sunday, July 22, 2007

A Weekend of Up and Downs

We had a fun and busy weekend! We started out on Friday night with going out to dinner at Panera. It is in downtown Dearborn and it was such a beautiful night, so we just walked up there. We had a nice quiet dinner then we headed out to the mall, just to walk around. We took Gavin into the Disney store and found some things on clearance. We spent $2 and got Gavin a Buzz and Woody from Toystory. He was pretty pumped and it is so nice to treat him every now and then just because!

On Saturday morning we woke up and got ready and went downtown Detroit again and did the Eastern Market. We used to go a lot, but we haven't been since we moved to Dearborn. They have TONS of great deals on produce and meat and stuff. I got a quart of strawberries for $1. It is just fun to go and see all the different kinds of people. I wish I would have taken some pictures of it, but I felt funny snapping some shots.

Anyway, on Saturday night we decided to go to Greenfield Village - Americas Greatest History Attraction. It is about 1 minute away so we figured we should take advantage of it. We bought a years pass so now we can go anytime! Gavin had fun riding the model T and the train ( He thinks it's Thomas) and we saw quite a few people that we know, so that was fun. We got some custard and sat and listened to some RagTime band. It was a lot of fun.







Then the drama started this evening. We had Kyle and Laura over for dinner and as we were cleaning up the dishes Ryan was outside with Gavin and I heard Gavin screaming in terror! I started running towards them and Ryan ran inside with Gavin in his arms and all I saw was a face full of blood! It was horrible. I immediately panicked because I didnt know what happened and I took Gavin and sat down on the ground with him and he was just crying and crying and everyone was rushing around getting ice and cold wash clothes. Then I realized that I needed to settle down and everyone else would too! So I calmed myself and cleaned up all the blood and found all the cuts and scrapes and found nothing major so I just cuddled my boy and he let me put ice on the big bump. He calmed down completely within 10 minutes and 20 minutes after the accident he was cracking up and playing with everyone again. Ryan said that he was walking down the front steps and he just fell down the last two and did a complete face plant. I am pretty sure that he fell directly on his face. He is sleeping now, and I hope he sleeps soundly all night. Right before we put him down he was saying, boo boo hurts, boo boo hurts. I hope he doesn't wake up in the night crying. Poor little guy. This is the damage. By the time I took the pictures the bump had gone down considerable, but it is still pretty big.








2 comments:

christina said...

what a tough little man you have! those are some big time boo-boos. glad he's ok.
the village is SO fun! i'm glad you guys got to go.

Rachel said...

I HATE IT when Michael gets hurt and I am sure that you feel the same way when Gavin fell down the stairs. Poor little baby. It's a good thing that children heal so quickly though.