Thursday, October 07, 2010

September = worst month ever!

September was such a hard month for the Dobbertin's. We were way too busy and our family life was in shambles. Ryan has BIG THINGS happening at work, we had two major ministry commitments that were kicking off (each at a different church campus), Gavin started school, I am VERY pregnant and we were all sick at one point. One day it all came crashing down around me. I had a major break down and was sobbing uncontrollably. My poor husband wasn't sure what to do with me. I'm usually not so emotional. He did the best thing, though - went and got a pizza for dinner!

We spent the next few days in prayer and evaluating our priorities (family first!). We had some meetings with our pastor and are scaling back on our ministry responsibilities. I also pulled Gavin out of school. We started homeschooling this week. I love homeschooling. It just fits our family so well. This week I've felt enormous amounts of peace and I've started to enjoy our life again.

Baby boy is coming in just three short weeks. THREE WEEKS! I am beyond excited to meet this little guy. I really have not had much time to think about it until this week. He still has no name, although we are narrowing our list. I think we'll just have to see him before we attach a name to him.

Well, that's what's been going on with us in a nutshell. I hope to be more active in the blogging world, but no promises! I am just enjoying our life and soaking it all in these days. I hope your lives are all going well and your focus is where you want it to be! Life can be so much better when your head is on straight and you are doing what you love!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Whoa! Very sorry to read about your struggles last month but VERY glad God used it to bring your dear family close together again! Looking forward to hearing about homeschooling and your new little guy! We didn't decide on our third's name until just days before he arrived and now I KNOW it was the perfect choice. I'm sure the same will happen for you guys!

kellyH said...

I was wondering where you have been.....sorry for such a tough month. Praying that God gives wisdom as you ready for baby boy. I know it is SO hard to scale back on commitments that are important, but I am realizing I need to do that more as well.
Hope October is a much better month for ya!