Tuesday, August 29, 2006

Autumn

Well, I have had the summer blues for quite some time now. I enjoy summer for about two weeks and then I am sick of it. I wish that it could be summer for only one month, spring for two, winter for three and then fall for six full months! I am in love with the Fall. It is by far my favorite season. I just love everything about it. I love wearing jeans and sweaters and a homemade scarf, I love picking out pumpkins and going on hay rides with my family, I love the cool, crisp air, I love the fantastic colors everywhere, I love the crunchy leaves under my feet, I love how I feel so alive in the fall. It somehow makes me feel more creative and it brings out this whimsical side of me. I can be so high strung much of the time, but the fall seems to even change my personality. I love seeing squash and gordes everywhere. I love putting a bail of hay and some mums out on my porch, I love buying school supplies (even though I no longer am in school, I still buy them), I love going on walks and sipping on tea or a caramel apple cider from Sbucks, I love sitting outside and chatting with my husband, I love being amazed at God's creation and how beautiful it is. I alwasy feel very nastalgic in the fall. I have so many great memories from this season. Memories from every stage in life; elementary, high school, college and even married life. I even met Ryan in the fall! I am not sad to see summer go and I can almost smell the fall creeping in! I heard a song today that brought back a lot of memories and it got me thinking of this fall and the suprises and wonder that it would bring!! I can hardly hold the excitement in! Anyway, here are a few pictures I took during the prime of the season last year! They are my favorite pictures of the boy!




9 comments:

Annie said...

I cannot believe how different he looks. I mean, you can totally tell it's him but now he's a little boy (sniff sniff) I think we started emailing right after this photo shoot. It's our one year aniversary!!!! ha ha

gone forever said...

A texas winter is like a michigan fall...and so I must say i love winter =). (NOT in mi though =). Our fall stays hot...but we're into the high 80s, low 90s now =P. Like you, I can't WAIT for the cooler weather and the crispness that comes with it!!!!!!!

Katie Barker said...

Suzanne, your post was written so well. I don't know if I have determined that fall is my favorite - but your post definitely compelled me to believe it is. It all sounds so fun: sweaters, pumpkins, leaves (well you remember my obsession with the changing leaves I'm sure.) Thanks for the thoughs!

Katie said...

I love fall too! I'm very excited and anxious for the weather to get a little chillier! We'll have to go apple picking together or something. And a hayride too. You'll have to tell me all the good fall spots. :)

Ben & Shannon said...

Those pictures are so good! You did a really good job taking them!!! Fall is Ben's favorite season by far, he feels the same as you do about it all.

Kelli said...

Those pictures of Gavin are absolutely adorable! I do enjoy the fall, but then that means winter is just around the corner and that season, I do not care for.

Laura said...

Suzanne, I couldn't agree with you more about the fall. I miss it so much here in Hawaii. Enjoy it for me!!!

Jake B. said...

The fall season does bring something out of you! I have never seen anyone give such a vivid description of a season. It read like a hallmark card or something of that nature. All in all, very impressive.

Rob and Amanda Edmondson said...

I have been looking forward to fall too- it is definitely my favorite season as well, although I wouldn't want to live in an area that didn't experience all four. And even if I didn't like fall, I would after I read your very persuasive post:)