Monday, August 28, 2006

Busy Week

We have been so busy the past couple of weeks. Things are moving along steadily at the house. My dad came out last night to help Ry Guy with some plumbing. Ryan has been tooling away over there most days. Things are starting to take shape and some of the rooms have already been primed!! That is exciting to see. There is still a ton of work to do, but at least our vision is starting to be seen by our skeptics!!
We also were house/dog sitting for Ryan's parents all last week while they were on vacation. It made for an interesting week! They have a 65 lb. Golden retriever. Gavin LOVES the dog, but me, not so much. He is just big and hairy and sheds all over EVEDRYTHING! He doesn't really go with my cleanly nature! So, I took matters into my own hands and decided to take action and do the job that everybody wants done, but nobody wants to do. I enlisted the help of Kyle and Laura and we shaved the dog. It was awesome. I only had to vacuum once or twice a day after that. Prior to the hair cut I was vacuuming several times a day, due to my neurosis. We also gave the dog a bath! So, after all that Cody and I became friends. He didn't bother me so much when he was clean. Ryan's paretns loved it when they came home. His dad even asked me to help him cut it shorter! Anyway, because we were in good old AP for the week, we got to hang out with some of our friends! The Gavitron and I went and hung out with KT Bruno and Lukie. We took the boys to the park and had a good time. It was good to see them again and we think that the boys had fun too! Here are some pictures of the event!








Ryan and I also got to go to one of our old favorite places, Wyandotte, one evening. We used to go down there all the time and get ice cream at Strohs Ice Cream Parlor. The last time we went there G-force was too small to play on the playground, so this time he was able to do that. Although, once we put him on the swings, we can't harldy get him off. He loves being on them! I will post some of those pictures later!

One other thing that has been keeping me extremely busy is AWANA! Ryan and I are heading up the AWANA program at our church and we are so busy trying to get that up and off the ground. I haven't been in AWANA in more than 10 years, so I am needing to brush up on a lot of things. I am amazed at how much time and how many volunteers these things take. It really makes me appreciate the people who volunteered when I was in AWANA!!

So, that is why the blog has been neglected lately! I will post some more pictures from our week at "Grandma's" house later if I can. I will keep everyone updated on the house too. I am working on getting some pictures of what it looks like now so you can see the before and afters!

So, thanks for tuning in and we will try and keep you up to date on all things! Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

Ben & Shannon said...

I figured you guys were busy with that house! Sounds like you guys are at least having fun keeping busy:)

Traci said...

I am laughing at all the names you have for Gavin! Seriously our kids aren't even going to know their real names. But I'm glad things are coming along on your house so nicely. I can't wait for the before and after pictures!

Katie said...

Those pics are so cute. I wanna get them from you. I suppose I could just download these. ALso, where was the website that you get your pics developed ?

the johnson crew said...

hi - those photos are so adorable. i wish you guys lived near us...
janelle