Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Gavin Talk!

That's right folks - It's time for another installment of Gavin Talk. I am constantly writing down the hilarious things he says. Here are the latest.

1. My new favorite thing is Garden Salsa sun chips. They are a new discovery for me. I am not really a 'chip eater' (except when I am pregnant, I can't get enough) but I LOVE these chips. Anyway, Gavin and I were eating some the other day and he said, "these taste like the sunrise!" Not sure what that means, but we sure did laugh about it!

2. I have to start this one out with the disclaimer that we do not watch Dancing with the stars. I've just never been that interested in it. Well, we turned on the t.v. the other day and it was on. Gavin must have picked up on the name. He said, "Is this Dancing with the Stars? Well, where are the stars?"

3. When he gets in trouble and he knows I am not exactly thrilled about it, he will say to me, "Mom, are you happy? Please look at me and smile!"

4. He still is calling his slippers "flippers". I was about to correct him the other day b/c it seems he doesn't even see a distinction between the two words. I decided it was too cute and I wasn't quite sure I wanted him to use the right word yet.

5. While playing with Charlie, he says "Hey there big fat baby!"

6. We were watching a movie a few nights ago and Gavin told me that the leading lady looks like me. She is very pretty and very thin. I know she really doesn't look like me, but it sure did warm my heart!

7. Almost every day that he has not had a nap he gets VERY tired by bedtime. So tired, in fact, that he can almost say nothing without whining. He must have known bedtime was approaching, because he asked me this:
G:"Is it getting dark again?" Me: "yes" G: Why does this always happen to me? It can't get dark again and again and again!" This was followed by a mini meltdown and an early bedtime.

8. Sometimes he asks if we can go and eat at a rescue-rant (restaurant). I love his little mispronunciations.

9. For some odd reason, Gavin like to smell Charlotte. I think he's pretending to be a dog when it does it. I asked him why he smells her and he said, "Because I'm crazy and I'm naughty!" He had no idea what naughty meant. I asked him who told him that and he said "(Friend at Church) said we are naughty boys."

4 comments:

My Kids Mom said...

There have been many words I've not corrected for my boys because I just can't bear for the cuteness to end just yet!

Jenny said...

Rescue-rant is what happens around here when I forget to plan the menu. LOL.

Unknown said...

I hear ya. Those mispronunciations are endearing. Our kiddos will grow up before we know it so let's enjoy these moments while we still can!

jeileenbaylor said...

oh my word- that was soo funny! I LOVE these posts as you well knw :)
My favorites were "hey there fat baby", and how does this happen to me-it gets dark again and again- haha!