Wednesday, February 23, 2011

I forgot!

A normal day for Chase looks a little something like this . . .
wake up
get fed
sit in the exasaucer until he cries
move him to the bouncy seat till he cries
nap
wake up
get fed
sit in the exasaucer until he cries
and so on . . .
I do love on him and coo with him while feeding him and carting him around, but that's about it.

This past Sunday Charlotte and Chase had boogies and were feeling a little down, so I stayed home with them. Gavin and Ryan went to church.
Even though they were sick, I had the best morning. I bathed and pampered my two little ones! Chase got the works after his bath - ears cleaned out, lotion over his whole body, and even a little powder.
Charlotte and I had some quiet snuggle time and read some books together.
I have to say, I forgot what it was like to care exclusively for little ones. I am so busy during the day trying to homeschool Gavin and make sure I take advantage of all of the teachable moments. Sometimes I overlook the moments to just be with the babies. Sunday morning was just what I needed to slow me down and not forget that they grow so fast! Even though I hate missing church, I am grateful for the reminder.

Snuggle your babies today!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Good reminder! I completely understand what you mean. The days are so busy it's easy to let them fly by without soaking up the sweet baby moments!