Monday, February 14, 2011

One of THOSE days

Today has been a hard day! One of those, grin and bear it kind of days. My first mistake was trying to bake cookies at 9:00 this morning while all 3 were awake and lively. I resorted to letting the olders eat about 3 or 4 mini reece cups. This of course made things worse. They were so hyper they woke up baby from his nap.

We've hardly done ANY school today. I don't really feel that badly about it, though. I'm learning to be flexible and I know we are ahead.

The baby has been crying all day. I resorted to putting him in the sling for part of the morning. You know, one of those things I said I'd NEVER do. I've stopped saying "I will never..." because I so often find myself doing those very things!

Chase also puked in the huge bin of legos (at least he stopped crying after that) . Gavin was SO grossed out. He plays with legos for hours a day. I mean HOURS. So, this interrupted his play. He was really great about it, though. We were able to salvage some that didn't have spit up on it for him to play with while I cleaned up the rest, which took forever.

To top everything off, it's Valentines Day. A day we never celebrate. Until this year. The hubbs surprised me with a card. and flowers. and a gift! I was floored. It was so nice, yet left me feeling like a schmuck b/c I didn't get him a thing! Hence the baking of his favorite cookies at 9 a.m. Gavin and I also whipped together a scavenger hunt for him to find the cookies. The last clue reads - "Is this the last clue? Hmmm, I wonder. You may find your gift hiding with your clean unders!" Yep, we hid them in his underwear drawer. Gavin's idea, of course.

Well, it's only nap time (although I feel like it's bedtime). It looks like my house has exploded and I am hoping that Ryan is game for pizza tonight!

I do have to say, (amidst all of the chaos) I love my life, my kids and I can't wait to smooch Ryan when he gets home!
Hope your V day has gone smoother than mine!

2 comments:

kellyH said...

so sorry to hear of the craziness. :-/ our v-day was interrupted in a big way this year too. hope tomorrow is much better for you!

Unknown said...

I have so been there, Suzanne! Hang in there and hope today has been a bit smoother for you!