Monday, February 21, 2011

Update on Chase

Well, after my last post and talking with a few friends I decided to let Chase cry it out one night. He cried for maybe 15 minutes and then went back to sleep for a few more hours. The next time he woke up, I fed it because it had been about 6 hours. Then he went back to sleep for three more hours.

That next day, he started himself on the perfect four hour schedule. He ate, stayed awake for two hours, slept for two hours and then ate again. He did this ALL DAY. He followed that up with a six hour sleep stretch that night. This has been our routine for the last few days. It has been WONDERFUL. I feel energized and ready to tackle whatever comes my way!

Charlotte even walked into the room last night holding her poop. I calmly took her to the bathroom and took care of it. Sleep deprived, I would have FREAKED!

Thanks for all of the advice, encouragement and especially prayers! I know that they worked!

2 comments:

the johnson crew said...

carrying her poop?!? that is so funny. what a wonderful mamma you are!

Unknown said...

PRAISE THE LORD! I'm a huge cry it out fan but I hesitated in giving you that advice because non-cry-it-outers are usually pretty staunch in their non-cry-it-out ways. :) If that makes any sense. SO GLAD you've both gotten some good sleep. Let's hope it continues for awhile until the next thing . . . teething should be up next.

HILARIOUS about Charlotte holding her poop. Can't say I've experienced that though we've certainly had our share of disgusting poop-related incidents.