Thursday, October 09, 2008

Answered Prayer

I had a dr.'s appointment today. I was going to be seeing a different dr. than I normally do. My Dr. had to go out of town at the last minute. I had been planning on asking my dr. to do another ultrasound to try and get a peek at the gender of our little one. When I found out that I would not be seeing MY dr, I was a little concerned. I knew I wouldn't feel comfortable asking this new dr that I had never met. Since I found out this new information, I began to pray. I prayed specifically that the dr would offer to check for me without me having to ask at all. I knew it wasn't likely for him to take time out of his busy day to check this insignificant (not to me, but to him) thing. But I still prayed and prayed and prayed and prayed. I really wanted to know the sex of this baby. So, we head into my appointment and I am sure you can guess what happened:

Dr. Says : Hi, I'm Dr. so and so
Shake hands
Ryan: Hi! I'm Ryan
Me: I'm Suzanne
Dr.: Who is this?
Ryan; This is Gavin
literally next sentence:
Dr.: Do you know what you are having?
Me: No, the baby wouldn't cooperate at the ultrasound
Dr.: Well, I'd be happy to take a look, if you want
Me (inwardly): WHO HOO
Me (audibly): that would be wonderful

two minutes later we were looking at our beautiful baby girl. Talk about a specific answer to prayer. God cares so much even for the small things in our lives!

Then Gavin pipes up: I didn't want a girl, I wanted a boy!
He's excited now, but it just took a minute. He just knows he wont be able to wrestle with Charlotte Mae Dobbertin.

5 comments:

nic said...

congratulations! i know some girl cousins that will be very excited about little Charlotte!

A Weaver's Touch said...

Love, love, LOVE the name! I'm sooo excited with you and for you! Gavin will make an awesome big brother - - - and we already know that you and Ryan are amazing parents!

Rachel said...

Congrats!! "Mae" is my middle name also. That is my dad's mom's middle name. What a testimony of how God cares about the "little" things:).

jeileenbaylor said...

oh my goodness! I am so soo happy for you guys :) What a joy to find out, isn't it? Our girls can be friends now :) I LOVE the name you guys have picked out! It is just gorgeous! I am sure that Gavin will be a great big brother (and i'm sure he will keep an eye out for his sister as she gets older :) Too fun. I am just so happy for you guys! So glad the doctor was able to see everything clearly. God is so good!

Katie said...

How exciting to have a GIRL!!! Charlotte has been my favorite girl name for a while! So if God ever gives me a girl - which I hope He does! - I might have to steal the name. :) Of course, maybe I'll change my favorite girl name by the time that rolls around. Mae is adorable too - such a pretty combination. :)