Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Charlotte's Room

We are slowly but surely getting Charlotte's room all organized and put together. Since I wasn't sure if we were going to be able to find out the gender, I had to pick a neutral color scheme. I didn't want to go all out and redo the whole nursery like we did with Gavin, but I really liked this set at Target by Dwell Studio called Circles. So, I am going off of these colors but am not going to buy the set. This is the blanket that I made for the room,

I have a few other projects in the works, as well. I am sure I'll post a pic of the finished product, whenever that may be . . . We aren't allowed to paint the walls in our apt., so that is a HUGE bummer to me. But, I am getting over it! It just makes me have to kick the creativity into a higher gear!

We really have been blessed beyond measure with gifts and hand-me-downs. So far we have received:
1. lots of adorable little outfits from family and friends(I am sure we will subject Charlotte to some sort of fashion show that borders on torture for her once she is born).
2.We already had a crib, but we were given a mattress.
3.We were just given a beautiful changing table.
4.My sister in law is handing down lots of clothes that her girls wore.

I'd say we are pretty much prepared! I know that the Lord will always provide for our needs, but I am amazed at how He constantly provides for our wants as well! What provisions has he made for you this week?

4 comments:

kellyH said...

I didn't realize you had finally found out the gender! yeah for a girl - Charlotte was one of our girl names that we had picked!! AND I am getting the Dwell Studio Circles collection! great minds think alike! but I am certainly not crafty enough to MAKE my own blanket. :) hope that little girly moves for you - I KNOW your pain!

kellyH said...

oh, I forgot to mention...we can't paint either, so I found chocolate brown poster and traced different size dinner plates and am going to end up with different sizes of polka dots on the walls. it will probably be a while before I get it done and get pics up though!

Erin Neiner said...

HEy Suzanne! I hopped over here the other day and caught up with ya but forgot to leave a comment! :) Congrats on your upcoming arrival!!! And great job with the blanket...didn't know you were talented with the needles! Love your colors and I like the dwell line. If you follow stephanie steinbart's link on my blog, and look back in her archives she also decorated her nursery from that scheme! HOpe all is well...you're looking great!!! :)

Erin Neiner said...

OK, if you're interested, the nursery decor is in march 08, about half way down the page. I'll be back to check out your nursery! And love your blog look!!!