Monday, October 06, 2008

Harvest Days

Gavin and I have been enjoying some fall crafting. We got this idea from the October Issue of Martha Stewart. Gavin has been seeing lots of Fall decor on peoples houses and expressed interest in adding some of our own. Gavin wanted to hang these in our front windows for all to see.



We decided to make a fall scene to hang up in Gavin's room. I think (okay, I know!) I had more fun with this than Gavin did. He enjoyed using the glue and he loved the idea, but I just went a little over board. At one point I wouldn't allow him to touch it anymore because he was trying to pick off the hay.

The Lincoln Park Zoo had some Free Fall festivities this past weekend. We got to pick and decorate a pumpkin, make a visor, watch a real John Deere blacksmith at work, and ride on some battery powered John Deere's. It was pretty cool. Gavin, of course, loved all the John Deere stuff!





I hope you are all enjoying your Fall! We sure are!

3 comments:

Katie Barker said...

Cute pumpkin idea! I like it :) Funny about the fall scene. I don't understand the OCD...

Katie Barker said...

I don't know how that came out as "I don't understand" I was totally thinking "I CAN understand" Opps!

jeileenbaylor said...

ahhh - I love the fall time. I love the pumpkin craft - those things are so fun to do - for kids and adults :)