Thursday, October 02, 2008

Peter Pan

So, hooray for the Disney Store putting their costumes at 40% off already. I was planning on making Gavin's costume this year. Then I saw how cute this one was and saw the price, I was SOLD! I think I could have made it for maybe $5 less and it wouldn't have looked nearly as cute. Gavin has hardly taken it off in the last few days. He loves it! I am glad he is getting his use out of it! He even fell asleep on the couch in it!
I was asking him to do something for me the other day and I said, "Gavin, can you . . . (whatever it was)" and he says, "Peter Pan will do it!" And he hopped right to it!



( side note: some of these pics were taken on my phone due to the loss of my camera. What happens when you contact the warranty department and are completely honest about putting your camera in the washing machine? Nothing, that's what.)

Here's another cute Gavin story, although it does not involve Peter.

He was asking us all these questions about God the other day. How tall is He? Can He fit in our house? and he was just going on and on about it. Finally I said, "Gavin, you are asking some great questions!" Gavin's response, "Yeah, I talk too much!" It was a hoot! Now we are wondering who told our inquisitive boy that he talks to much! Okay, so it was probably me in exasperation on a day when he wouldn't stop speaking to let me think clearly!

He is just growing up so much. I have really noticed it in the last few days. I thought the point of Peter Pan was NOT growing up? He is wanting to help me all the time with big tasks. I love it, but I just can't believe that he can do some of it! He is officially in 4T clothes now. Ryan and I were cracking up as we sent him off to Cubbies in a pair of floods and a too small t shirt. I knew it was time to drag out the next bin! I am proud to say I accomplished that today! YEAH!

Well, on to accomplish many more tasks! I am a woman on a mission!

Hope you all are having a great day!

3 comments:

Katie Barker said...

He's such a cute Peter Pan! Sorry to hear about the continued camera issues.

Unknown said...

Adorable outfit! I'm afraid we'll be stuck making Chloe's costume this year . . . she's been changing her mind every day about what she wants to be so today I made her decide. She wants to be a blue crayon. That should be interesting . . . Way to go at getting the next bin of clothes out! I hate dragging up the bins but it's always such fun to see all the "new" stuff to put into the drawers.

jeileenbaylor said...

oh that is just too precious! He looks great!