Saturday, March 14, 2009

I don't remember!


We have been trying to teach Gavin not to interrupt when someone is talking. When Ryan comes home from work it seems that Gavin and I are constantly in competition for his attention. I will be in the middle of telling him something and Gavin will butt right in. Yesterday he had to wait "a long time" (about one minute) before we were done talking. When it was his turn he started whining, saying he forgot what he was going to say. Ryan started teasing him and told him to rub his ear to help him remember. He didn't seem to believe him yesterday and just walked away.

Today, he was in the middle of a story and lost his train of thought. He started rubbing his ear. Then he said, "Mom, I am rubbing me ear but it's not working! I can't remember!" I had forgotten about what Ryan told him, but instantly remembered when he said that. He caught me off guard and I started laughing so hard! He looked at me a bit sheepish and said, "That doesn't really work, does it?" I don't think he's ever going to trust Ryan again!

No comments: