Saturday, March 07, 2009

You've got to be kidding me!

My latest Gavin story:



Gavin is like his dad in that he is a pretty picky eater. He does better than Ryan did when he was a kid, but he definitely is still considered picky. One thing he loves are lunchables. Personally, I think that they are so gross. He calls lunchables "ferris snacks" because the frist time he had one was at the 4h fair. The fair had a ferris wheel, so he just started calling them "ferris snacks". Anyway, since he loves the turkey ones, I just bought turkey from the deli thinking he would for sure love it. I used this tip from Jenny and cut the sandwich into a shape. I was SO SURE that he would love it and just eat it right up. Yeah, I thought WRONG! He would not eat it and was whining about it. I told him, it is the same thing as a ferris snack. "If you don't like that, you don't like ferris snacks and I will never buy you one again". They are the SAME THING! So, he started to eat it, grudgingly. By the time he got through the SMALL portion that I gave him, he asked for another piece.





Sometimes he can be quite maddening! But he is oh so cute, as well!


1 comment:

Unknown said...

Ugh! Aren't kids maddening with their food aversions?!? Chloe's pretty good about eating but Clive's another story. One day he'll gobble up oranges and then the next day he'll spit them out. I'm sure it's partly linked to their extremely sensitive taste buds. I've done the sandwich cutting too and initially it worked but it soon lost its appeal for Chloe. There's only so many pbjs she'll eat regardless of what shape they're in. ;)