Tuesday, November 10, 2009

How old am I?

Because Ryan and I head up the children's ministry at our church, I am constantly telling people who are my age and older what to do. It seems VERY strange to me. I don't really like being "in charge". But, it is what it is and it is necessary. Well, the other day I was thinking about this one person who is my age and was wondering what they thought about me and taking direction from me. I started comparing my life with theirs and the differences between the two. I stopped and then started cracking up at myself. This person is a freshman in college and is 18 years old. 18 years old!!! I am 28. That is a 10 year difference! I never understood how older people could say that they still feel the same age in their mind, it's just their body that seems old. Now I understand. Apparently I feel like an 18 year old freshman!

1 comment:

jeileenbaylor said...

haha- I totally understand! I do the same thing too ;)