Wednesday, November 25, 2009

My New-to-me Car

In the great state of Illinois, your car is required to pass an emissions test every few years. Apparently, if your check engine light is on it will not pass that test. Our van wasn't exactly a clunker, but we were tired of pouring money into it. It was just a matter of time before it died all together. It was time to start the hunt for a new car. Ryan was NOT up for getting another mini van. They are very hard to drive around in the city and don't even get me started on parallel parking. So, we settled on this cute little wagon.



Even though I would have loved to have a volvo station wagon (I am aware that I am a dork), I am happy with this car. It was a great deal! My first day running errands with it was somewhat of an adventure. It happened to be raining and I had to be out of the house all day due to new windows being installed. When I had my van and it rained, I could get us all in and close the door and then buckle Charlotte and get situated. I could literally roam around in the van at my leisure. Not so much in the new wagon. Let's just say, I got wet! But it was all good, I'd rather be wet and able to run errands than break down on my way to the grocery store!

3 comments:

Katie Barker said...

How fun to have a new-to-you car!! Is it blue like the picture?

Unknown said...

Very cute new ride! I TOO am a volvo station wagon girl at heart. If money were no object my ride of choice would be a black saab station wagon. But alas, no third row seating for to accommodate our new bambino and money IS an object. :)

Glad God brought you a good deal and a car that you like! He is SO good to us!

jeileenbaylor said...

Whoohoo! I am glad you guys finally settled on it :)